My latest post for top property portal Zoopla is live, and this one is called Fifty Shades of Clean.
The intro is printed below and you can read the full article by clicking the link at the bottom. Enjoy!
Think about the homes of friends and family that you visit. Do you recognise any of these characters?
• Super-Clean-Queen: Makes you take your shoes off at the door, whips a coaster under your glass like a ninja and has a duster practically glued to her hand
• Lazy Student: Most things wait around six times longer than in other houses to be cleaned, if at all – think bed linen, floors and bathrooms.
• Busy-Busy Person: what you can see is clean, but you get the distinct feeling that what you can’t see definitely isn’t
• Pet Lover: they just don’t notice the hair everywhere, the stinky food bowls, the ghastly litter trays, the smells, the damage and the ‘presents’ on the lawn
• New Parent: all the baby’s paraphernalia is sterilised to within an inch of its life, but things above knee-level may be a bit suspect
Just like we all have different tastes in houses, in clothes and in music, we also have very different ideas as to what ‘clean’ really means. There really are at least 50 Shades of Clean.